Webinar Replay | Intelsat’s Bankruptcy: Why Now and What’s Next
View the webinar with transcript: Intelsat’s Bankruptcy: Why Now and What’s Next
Intelsat filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection May 13 in hopes that restructuring will position the No. 2 satellite operator to win nearly $5 billion from an FCC spectrum program. The company flies roughly 50 satellites and generates around $2 billion in annual revenue, but has labored for years under a crushing $15 billion debt load.
Questions to be addressed in this webinar:
- Can Intelsat emerge from bankruptcy a healthier company?
- What impact will Intelsat’s bankruptcy have on the FCC’s C-band clearing program?
- What are the broader implications for an industry accustomed to building and launching a steady stream of satellites for Intelsat?
SpaceNews Editor-in-Chief Brian Berger and Staff Writer Caleb Henry were joined by a panel of veteran analysts.
- Armand Musey, President, Summit Ridge Group
- Giles Thorne, Managing Director, TMT Equity Research, Jefferies Financial Group
- Nathan de Ruiter, Managing Director, Euroconsult Canada