In Conversation with NASA Administrator Charles Bolden
In an exclusive one-on-one interview with SpaceNews senior staff writer Jeff Foust, NASA Administrator Charles Bolden discussed some of the key issues facing the space agency, from development of commercial crew systems to planning for human missions to Mars.
During this video interview, recorded Sept. 10 at NASA Headquarters, Bolden discusses:
- What a continuing resolution — or government shutdown — would mean to the commercial crew program
- The status of efforts to get NASA’s partners to agree to an extension of the International Space Station
- What NASA is doing to add details to its long-term strategy for human Mars exploration
- The perception that NASA and Congress can’t get along
- What he believes his biggest accomplishments are as administrator, what’s left on his to-do list
This video presentation was made possible through support from TASC, An Engility Company.