The Week Ahead | OSIRIS-REx departs for asteroid as Congress returns to Washington
- Vienna: The 10th United Nations Workshop on Space Law will discuss various issues related to space law and space security.
- International Space Station: A Soyuz spacecraft carrying NASA astronaut Jeff Williams and Russian cosmonauts Alexey Ovchinin and Oleg Skripochka will return to Earth from the ISS, undocking from the station at 5:51 p.m. Eastern and landing in Kazakhstan at 9:14 p.m. Eastern.
- Washington: The House Science Committee’s space subcommittee will hold a hearing on “Commercial Remote Sensing: Facilitating Innovation and Leadership” at 2 p.m. Eastern.
- Washington: The Aerospace Industries Association and the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics will hold the 2016 National Aerospace & Defense Workforce Summit to discuss aerospace education and workforce issues.
- London: The Eighth European CubeSat Symposium will discuss cubesat technologies and missions.
- Sriharikota, India: Scheduled launch of an Indian GSLV rocket carrying the Insat-3DR satellite at 6:40 a.m. Eastern.
- Cape Canaveral, Fla.: Scheduled launch of an Atlas 5 carrying NASA’s OSIRIS-REx asteroid sample return mission at 7:05 p.m. Eastern.
- Washington: The Mitchell Institute for Aerospace Studies will hold a breakfast talk on the Space Enterprise Vision featuring U.S. Air Force Brig. Gen Stephen Whiting.
- Washington: George Washington University’s Space Policy Institute and the Mansfield Foundation will hold a symposium on “Next Steps for U.S.-Japan Space Cooperation” at 9 a.m. Eastern.