- Jerusalem: The 66th International Astronautical Congress features multiple sessions on various aspects of civil and commercial space.
- Noordwijk, The Netherlands: ESA’s Space Research and Technology Centre will host the Exploring the Universe with JWST conference to discuss the science to be performed by the James Webb Space Telescope.
- Kennedy Space Center, Fla.: NASA will hold a briefing at 1 p.m. Eastern to discuss the contracts it awarded last month to three companies for the dedicated launch of cubesat-class spacecraft.
- Washington: The Space Studies Board’s Committee on Solar and Space Physics meets, with presentations from several agencies on space science and space weather issues.
- Baikonur, Kazakhstan: A Proton rocket is scheduled to lift off at 4:40 p.m. Eastern time carrying the Turksat 4B satellite.
- Austin, Texas: The New Worlds 2015 conference by the New Worlds Institute discusses a variety of topics associated with space development and settlement.