Launch Service Agreement
SpaceX reiterates its claim made in a May 2019 protest that the Air Force harmed the company by denying it a Launch Service Agreement award.
Air Force to end agreements with Blue Origin and Northrop Grumman, prepares for launch contract protests
Following the Phase 2 decision, the Air Force is preparing for the possibility of contractor protests.
The $150 million addition is for investments focused on the National Security Space Launch Phase 3 competition.
A May 29 letter signed by 28 lawmakers asks the Air Force to not cave to pressure to add a third provider in the Phase 2 launch services procurement.
Sen. Patty Murray (D-Wash) and Sen. Rick Scott (R-Fla.) ask Air Force to keep Launch Service Agreements that were signed in 2018.
Senior analyst Bonnie Triezenberg: "The Air Force needs to think about how they can maximize the number of U.S. suppliers."
SpaceX has asked the U.S. District Court of the Central District of California to hold a hearing on March 2 to consider the company’s protest against the U.S. Air Force.
Air Force says having more than two launch contractors in Phase 2 puts missions at risk.
Smith so far has not been happy with the Air Force’s response to his concerns about the launch program.
Smith’s mark does not disrupt the LSP schedule and only directs some changes to the rules of the competition.
Blue Origin, Northrop Grumman and United Launch Alliance have filed 'motions to intervene' in the lawsuit filed by SpaceX against the U.S. government
The LSP is a five-year procurement for approximately 34 missions that will launch starting in 2022.
HASC Chairman Adam Smith is said to be unsatisfied with the Air Force’s response to his concerns about the Launch Service Procurement competition.
The upcoming release of the Air Force RPF for launch services was a hot topic last week at the 35th Space Symposium
Blue Origin wants the U.S. Air Force to wait until 2021 before picking the two companies it intends use for launching critical military satellites in the decade ahead.
The stakes could not be higher for OmegA as it prepares for two critical static-fire tests of its solid rocket motors this year with the goal to launch its first payload in 2021.