SpaceNews is looking for a results-driven Media Sales Manager to be responsible for online and print sales activities from lead generation through to close, including assisting in the daily sales marketing functions. The successful candidate will pursue sales opportunities, create powerful sales stories and presentations and grow both new and existing business accounts. The ideal candidate will also be able to forecast and achieve sales goals, source new business and exceed clients expectations while working in a team oriented environment.
The ideal candidate will have strong presentation, writing, critical thinking and negotiation skills. The ability to self-motivate and add to the energy of a highly engaged team will be additional keys to success. Qualified candidates should have some prior experience selling or marketing.
This position will be located in our Old Town Alexandria office.
- Forecast and budget advertising sales on a quarterly basis
- Cultivate and maintain close relationship with clients and potential clients
- Proactively source new business
- Use CRM software to manage and analyze current and potential accounts
- Assess client needs and offer unique and new creative solutions
- Prepare and deliver sales presentations
- Process all correspondence and paperwork related to accounts
- Become and remain knowledgeable on issues affecting clients and the space and satellite industry as a whole
- Work closely with Art Director to ensure clients materials are sent by deadline
- Work closely with other team members on additional potential offerings
- Report to management on a weekly and monthly basis
- Self motivated
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of sales principles and customer service practices
- Working knowledge of customer and market dynamics and requirements
- Customer service focus
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit to be able to build new revenue streams
- Some Sales experience preferred
- BS degree in Marketing or related field would be a plus
Work Environment: This job operates in a media/publishing setting.
Benefits Package: Medical, dental, vision, 401k, unlimited vacation.
Travel: This position will require some travel.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position based in Alexandria, Virginia. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Resume & Cover letter. No calls, please.