In Conversation with U.S. Air Force Gen. John Hyten
Gen. John Hyten, who took over as commander of U.S. Air Force Space Command in August, outlines his vision for the service’s space operations during this candid on-one-one conversation with SpaceNews military space reporter Mike Gruss.
During this 36-minute video — which was recorded Dec. 16 at the Pentagon and is preceded by an introduction by Intelsat General President Kay Sears — Gen. Hyten discusses:
- How Space Command will approach the automatic budget cuts known as sequestration
- How the Air Force will move forward on a new rocket engine to replace the Russian-made RD-180
- When the service will unveil its next-generation programs and capabilities
- When status of SpaceX’s certification efforts
- How he envisions the Defense Department managing satellite communication capabilities
This video presentation was made possible through support from Intelsat General Corporation.
Intelsat General Corporation (IGC) provides a wide range of customized, secure, end-to-end communications solutions for commercial, government and military customers.