Space Generation Forum 2.0
Saturday, June 16 - Sunday, June 17
In 1999, at UNISPACE III, the Space Generation Advisory Council was created. At this time the Space Generation Forum was held and it was recommended “to create, within the framework of the Committee on the Peaceful Uses of Outer Space, a consultative mechanism to facilitate the continued participation of young people
from all over the world, especially young people from developing countries and young women, in cooperative space-related activities”. SGAC would like to celebrate this historic event by hosting the second Space Generation Forum, now known as Space Generation Forum 2.0, in the form of an anniversary event.
● To bring together all the different SGAC generations to celebrate SGAC’s creation at UNISPACE III and to discuss how SGAC’s activities should continue to evolve considering the UNISPACE+50 recommendations and
specific aspects related to the United Nations Office of Outer Space Affairs (UNOOSA) and the Committee on the Peaceful Uses of Outer Space (COPUOS) and its subcommittees.
● To create a capacity building event that allows SGAC members to better understand UNOOSA, COPUOS, and international aspects of space from various perspectives.
● Showcase SGAC’s roots and connection to the United Nations (in particular to the United Nations Office of Outer Space Affairs and the Committee on the Peaceful Uses of Outer Space and its subcommittees).
● Create outcomes based on the thematic priorities of UNISPACE+50 which paves the way toward Space 2030.
● Present outcomes in the form of a conference room paper and technical presentation at UNISPACE+50.
1. Young Women in Space
2.Space and the Sustainable Development Goals
3. Space for Earth: Including Disaster Management and Low-emission, Resilient Societies
4. Results-Based Capacity Building
5. Building Partnerships in Space with Industry and the Private Sector
6. Space Weather
7. Space for Global Health